- University of Iowa head wrestling coach Tom Brands announced Friday that Quinn Hollan has been named the interim strength and conditioning coach for the upcoming season.
Hollan previously served as a performance analyst for the Iowa football program on Chris Doyle’s strength and conditioning staff.
- University of Northern Iowa linebacker Rickey Neal Jr. was named to the second team on the 2018 Phil Steele FCS All-America Teams released Friday.
Neal led the Missouri Valley Football Conference with 9.5 sacks last season at the defensive end position. He also recorded 51 tackles with 15 for loss.
- The team of Amy Bucknell, Denise Aalderks, Michelle Klein and Kelly Nelson posted a 65 to win the 7th annual Swinging’ for Youth four-gal best-shot Aug. 9 at Gates Park.
The tournament drew a record number of teams and raises money to support the Gates Park Swingers Junior Golf program by helping provide lessons, equipment and passes.
- A pair of Cedar Falls recently competed on the Central region team at the USSSA All-American Fastpitch Games hosted at the USSSA Space Coast Complex in Viera, Florida.
Cyrah Rasmussen was among the pitchers on the 13U Central team that finished third.
Pitcher Lexi Trueg helped the 9U Central team secure a victory in the opening round before they were defeated in the second round of bracket play.
- The University of Northern Iowa will be hosting a series of alumni reunions and announcing an anniversary team in honor of the school’s 50th season of women’s athletics.
For a complete listing of dates and times for the reunions, go online at unialum.org/events.
Alumni who want to be part of the reunions, join a panel or share a memory can contact senior associate athletic director for sports admininstration Christina Roybal at (319) 273-2556 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.