The AP has UNI No. 10 and Wichita State No. 11. This list has UNI No. 1 and Wichita State No. 2. Sounds pretty cut and dry, so what's the point of even playing Saturday's game?
OK, fine... I'll let them play. Let's settle it once and for all.
1. UNI (26-2, 15-1) - As I pondered last week, the Panthers have cooled off from the arc. Wins by 19 and 17 points followed. (Last week: 1)
2. Wichita State (24-3, 15-1) - Fred VanVleet putting up 16.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists over the last five games. (Last week: 2)
3. Illinois State (17-11, 9-7) - The season-long dance for the three-spot continues. (Last week: 4)
4. Indiana St. (14-14, 10-6) - The Sycamores now have two losses to the No. 10 team on this list when the game was played. (Last week: 3)
5. Evansville (19-9, 9-7) - Relying on individuals as the Aces do is perhaps the reason for the streaky play. (Last week: 5)
6. Drake (9-19, 6-10) - Making 40.5 percent from the 3-point line to rank 10th in the country. (Last week: 7)
7. Loyola (16-12, 6-10) - Milton Doyle watch: Week 5... Nobody knows. Tough to judge the Ramblers without their best player. (Last week: 6)
8. Southern Illinois (10-19, 3-13) - The Salukis rank 342nd in the nation with just 0.43 assists per made field goal. Pass the ball! (Last week: 8)
9. Bradley (8-21, 3-13) - I'll say this -- Bradley had a decent plan in place to at least have a chance at beating UNI. (Last week: 9)
10. Missouri State (10-18, 4-12) - The good news is we know exactly where it all went wrong. (Last week: 10)
This week's schedule
Wichita St. at Indiana St., 6 p.m.
Southern Illinois at Illinois St., 7 p.m.
Loyola at Drake, 7 p.m.
Bradley at Missouri St., 7 p.m.
Evansville at UNI, 8 p.m.
UNI at Wichita St., 1 p.m.
Indiana St. at Bradley
Illinois St. at Evansville, 1 p.m.
Drake at Southern Illinois, 3 p.m.
Missouri St. at Loyola, 3 p.m.