The countdown for Arch Madness is down to less than a month. We still have a few things to sort out.
1. UNI (22-2, 11-1) - The defense gets a lot of pub, but 69 points in 49 possessions against Drake is offensive efficiency at its finest. (Last week: 1)
2. Wichita State (21-3, 11-1) - A 43-point win against anyone will right some wrongs. (Last week: 2)
3. Illinois State (15-9, 7-5) - Losing at Southern Illinois is part of the team's inconsistent identity but doesn't make me any less scared of the Redbirds. (Last week: 4)
4. Indiana St. (12-12, 8-4) - Getting great production from a freshman (Brenton Scott) has been key to move on from the Jake Odum era. (Last week: 3)
5. Evansville (16-8, 6-6) - I'm pretty sure the announcer is just fine with saying Egidijus Mockevicius by now, so not having him on the court is good for nobody. (Last week: 5)
6. Loyola (14-10, 4-8) - If the Ramblers can get healthy by Arch Madness, an upset could be brewing. (Last week: 6)
7. Drake (7-17, 4-8) - Maybe the Bulldogs were young enough to not really know how bad it got. They've really hung together. (Last week: 9)
8. Southern Illinois (10-15, 3-9) - Anthony Beane is the MVC Player of the Week, but it came with two of his three worst turnover games of the year. (Last week: 7)
9. Bradley (8-17, 3-9) - Giving the Shockers a scare and quickly rallying from a 17-point deficit against Evansville is a great week for anyone. (Last week: 10)
10. Missouri State (9-15, 3-9) - This is not the same team picked to finish third in the preseason poll. Seven scholarship players were available at Charles Koch Arena. (Last week: 8)
This week's schedule
You have free articles remaining.
Missouri St. at Evansville, 7 p.m.
Illinois St. at UNI, 7 p.m.
Southern Illinois at Loyola, 7 p.m.
Indiana St. at Wichita St., 7 p.m.
Bradley at Drake, 7 p.m.
Drake at Indiana St., 3 p.m.
Evansville at Southern Illinois, 3 p.m.
Wichita St. at Illinois St., 5 p.m.
Loyola at Bradley, 1 p.m.
UNI at Missouri St., 3 p.m.