- University of Iowa women’s senior Megan Gustafson is the EPSNW National Player of the Year.
Gustafson, a unanimous selection, is the first ESPNW Player of the Year in program history.She was named a unanimous first-team All-American by ESPNW on Thursday.
Gustafson leads the country in field goal percentage (69.6), points per game (28.0), total points (897), and field goals made (369), ranks second in double-doubles (30) and defensive rebounds per game (10), third in total rebounds (424), and fourth in rebounds per game (13.3).
A native of Port Wing, Wisconsin, Gustafson is the only Hawkeye in program history to win the conference’s player of the year award twice. She is the ninth two-time Big Ten Player of the Year in conference history.
- The Iowa State women’s basketball team will be hosting a Selection Show viewing event in the Sukup South End Zone Club Monday beginning at 5 p.m.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet and greet with the team and coaches prior to the selection show, which will air on ESPN.
The event officially gets underway at 5:45 p.m., beginning with a short program and video highlighting the team’s season to date.
The selection show begins at 6 p.m.
- Wartburg College women’s basketball players Adrienne Boettger and Emma Gerdes were honored at the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association annual awards banquet Thursday at the Division III Final Four.
You have free articles remaining.
Boettger, a senior, was named an all-American, and Gerdes, a junior, earned honorable mention honors. Both are natives of Cedar Falls.
- A pair of Waterloo West seniors signed letters of intent Thursday.
Amel Saric, a two-year starter and captain, will continue his career at Coe College. Stuart was a three-year starter and has signed with Ellsworth Community College.
- The Evansdale Youth Sports Association is now accepting registrations for its 2019 summer softball and T-ball leagues.
Sign-up times are March 23rd from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., March 25-29, 4 to 7 p.m., and Saturday March 30, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Registration location is the Evansdale City Hall on 123 North Evans Road. Registration is $35.
For more information, visit the EYSA online at www.eysaports.org