Q: What do the three state universities get for the special Iowa, ISU and UNI license plates?

A: According to the Iowa Department of Transportation, each collegiate plate costs $50, of which $25 goes to the university. A Des Moines Register report a couple of years ago said Iowa received the lion’s share of the funds from the plates, followed by Iowa State, with UNI a distant third.

Q: What is the address to send a hand salute to the children’s hospital in Iowa City?

A: Send them to Linda Fobian at 5363 American Legion Road, Iowa City, IA 52240, by Dec. 15.

Q: Has anyone ever won a million dollars on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?”

A: Yes, several times.

Q: What is the difference between prescription drugs with synthetic narcotics versus just narcotics?

A: “Narcotic” describes the effect the drug has on a person. “Synthetic” just means it is man-made.

Q: If I go to buy and pick up an antique tractor in Canada, how do I get information on how to bring it back into this country legally?

A: We think you should start with the U.S. Customs and Border protection — call (877) 227-5511 or go to www.cbp.gov.

Q: When did Melania Trump’s parents move to the U.S.? Are they citizens? Where do they live, and what do they do for a living?

A: Victor and Amalija Knavs came to the U.S. some time after 2002 and reportedly live at the Trump Tower in New York. We couldn’t find any information on their citizenship status or their income now.

Q: Did the band Styx play at the UNI-Dome in May 1982?

A: Close — it was in May 1983.

Q: Is there any way to get Lyme disease besides getting bit by a deer tick? Is there any cure for it besides antibiotics?

A: All sources we found say it is spread through tick bites. According to the Centers for Disease Control, it can’t be spread through sexual contact or breastfeeding, and there are no known cases of it spreading through a blood transfusion. The CDC says antibiotics are the standard treatment. The internet is alive with suggestions for alternative treatments, some of which seem sensible and others which are clearly ridiculous.

Q: How would I report someone who had a stroke and had his license taken away but is now driving without a license?

A: According to Capt. Dave Mohlis of the Waterloo Police Department: “Contact your local police or sheriff’s department and provide them with the person’s name and vehicle description. A time they usually drive also would be helpful.”

Q: Will UNI wrestle most of it meets at the West Gym or the McLeod Center?

A: The wrestling schedule lists all home meets at the West Gym except for the UNI Open on Dec. 9, set to be in the UNI-Dome.

Q: What happened to the show “Ten Days in the Valley” on ABC on Sunday nights?

A: ABC has said it will return Dec. 16. But watch it while you can — the ratings haven’t been strong.

Questions are taken on a special Courier phone line at 234-3566. Questions are answered by Courier staff and staff at the Waterloo Public Library.