WATERLOO, IA 50703
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!
Alter Metal Recycling is looking for full time Equipment Operator.
Assists in the recycling process by operating a variety of equipment including forklift, grapple cranes, stationary shear, stationary baler, etc.
Inspect equipment, make sure everything is safe and in working condition
- Load, unload and sort material
- Inspect materials to quality standards
- Know quality standards, materials grades, what materials can/cannot be loaded
- Utilize all yard operating equipment including: shag truck, forklifts, skid steer, wheel loader, stationary shear, stationary baler, bobcat as necessary
- Basic maintenance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Must wear all necessary PPE while working, or while in the yard. Follows company safety standards at all times. Failure to follow safety standards, may result in loss of position.
High school diploma or GED required. Prior experience operating yard machinery, including forklifts, wheel loaders, balers, shears, etc. required. Must be able to lift a minimum of 30-50 lbs and 100+lbs on 2-person lift.
Must be able to effectively interact with customers and vendors. Individual must be willing to learn, be adaptable and be a self motivated.
Also looking for General Laborers to do duties as a assigned, no equipment experience necessary.
Apply at 1500 W. Airline Hwy., Waterloo, IA