Subscribe for 33¢ / day

EVANSDALE – An early Wednesday fire destroyed an Evansdale home.

Crews with Evansdale Fire Rescue were called to a single-family home at 137 Marion St. shortly before 1 a.m., and firefighters found the roof engulfed in flames when they arrived.

Residents had fled the house unharmed.

“It was mostly up in the attic area, and the roof collapsed down on top of it” into the attic area, said Fire Chief Ryan Phillips.

Firefighters entered the home and realized the ceiling was unstable, Phillips said. They exited, and the ceiling came down into the living room moments later.

Later during the blaze, one firefighter twisted an ankle while stepping out of the house. Medics took the firefighter to a local hospital for treatment, but Phillips said the injury isn’t serious.

The cause appears to be electrical, Phillips said.

0
2
2
17
0

Police and Courts Reporter

Cops and courts reporter for the Courier

Load comments