WEST DES MOINES — Hy-Vee Inc., based in West Des Moines, is voluntarily recalling seven of its Hy-Vee Mealtime Asian Entrees after discovering the liquid egg used to make the fried rice contains milk, which is not declared on the product label.
The voluntary recall includes seven varieties of Asian dishes in 16-ounce or 20-ounce plastic containers and best-if-used-by dates of Sept. 14, 2019, or Sept. 15, 2019. The expiration date can be found on the label on the top of the plastic lid.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a health care provider.
The product was distributed to Hy-Vee grocery stores across its eight-state region of Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Below is a list of products that are being voluntarily recalled. The UPC and Lot Code can be found on the label on the bottom of the plastic container.
You have free articles remaining.
UPC, variety and size:
- 0075450238510, General’s Chicken, 20 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
- 0075450238520, Sesame Chicken 20 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
- 0075450238530, Sweet Orange Chicken 20 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
- 0075450238540, Mongolian-Style Beef 20 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
- 0075450238550, Cashew Chicken 20 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
- 0075450238560, Beef with Broccoli 20 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
- 0075450238580, Fried Rice 16 oz, Lot Code of 19250 or 19251.
It is important to note that all other Asian items of the same variety but with different Lot Codes are not impacted by this voluntary recall.
Customers who purchased any of these products should dispose of them or return them to their local Hy-Vee store for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee Customer Care representatives 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (800) 772-4098.