{{featured_button_text}}

WATERLOO – A stray bullet caused a natural gas release in a Waterloo neighborhood on Thursday.

Residents called the fire department around 7:45 p.m. after noticing an odor and hearing the hiss of gas escaping from B&R Meats, 200 Park Road.

Firefighters shut off gas service to the building, and MidAmerican Energy workers discovered a bullet had damaged the meter when they arrived.

Police were called to investigate. No injuries were reported.

It wasn't clear when the shooting happened.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
2
1
1
3

Load comments