WATERLOO – Recipients have been announced for the Courier’s class of 2021 20 Under 40 awards.
Twenty individuals who are doing good works and serving their communities in the Cedar Valley were selected by a committee, whose members sorted through more than 100 nominations in the 19th annual award.
In July, the Courier began seeking nominations for the award, which honors young leaders in the Cedar Valley who are making a difference in their work and personal lives to make the area a better place.
The individuals will be featured in the November issue of Cedar Valley Business magazine and will be featured weekdays in the Courier beginning Nov. 1. They’ll also be honored at a November event.
This year’s recipients are:
- Aaron Broshar, 37, owner and chef, Blue Barn BBQ, Cedar Falls
- Shay Caley, 39, vice-president retail market manager, Denver Savings Bank
- DaQuan Campbell, 28, We Arose Co-op founder and Waterloo Urban Farmers Market manager
- Kyle Clabby-Kane, 37, manager, Iowa Workforce Development, Waterloo
- Sarah Conger, 31, vice president of corporate projects. VGM
- Andrea Devore, 39, facilities manager, Lincoln Savings Bank, Waterloo
- Tim Dodd, 36, owner/founder Everyday Astronaut, Cedar Falls
- Kade Hoppenworth, 36, first vice president, Lincoln Savings Bank, Cedar Falls
- Kevin Kann, 39, Iowa development director, American Cancer Society
- Amanda Lynch, 34, head of Fortified Life, Western Home Communities, Cedar Falls
- Ryan McGeough, 38, head, Department of Communication and Media, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls
- Kim Newby, 38, owner, Goodlookin Salon, Blush Ledet Salon Spa & Boutique, Cedar Falls.
- Britni Perkins, 36, Waterloo Community Schools and Blessings 2 Celebrate, Waterloo
- Adam Scherling, 33, administrator, Grundy County Memorial Hospital, Grundy Center
- Brandon Schoborg, 38, executive vice president, Cardinal Construction, Waterloo
- Abby Sears, 37, management team in charge of private banking division, treasury management services, Farmers State Bank, Cedar Falls
- Ryan Shaw, 39, financial advisor, Financial Resource Advisors, Waterloo
- Christopher Tims, 31, teacher and head wrestling coach, Waterloo East High School
- Abby Wessel, 37, lawyer, Rickert, Wessel & Allen, Reinbeck
- Purvis Williams, 30, founder, Project Ready Community Outreach, Waterloo
1 of 80
20 Under 40 recipient Bridget Saffold.
20 under 40 recipient Zak Montgomery Aug. 15, 2016, in Cedar Falls.
20 under 40 recipient Ryan Risetter Aug. 15, 2016, in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
20 Under 40 recipient Emily Neuendorf.
20 under 40 recipient Brad Wells Aug. 16, 2016, in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
20 Under 40 Award recipient Brian Gabel.
20 under 40 recipient Heidi Fuchtman Aug. 15, 2016, in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
20 under 40 recipient Phil Jones in Cedar Falls.
20 Under 40 recipient Jill Krall.
20 under 40 recipient Paco Rosic.
20 Under 40 recipient Laura Hand.
20 Under 40 recipient Mark Hubbard
Aug. 15, 2016, in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
20 Under 40 recipient Laura Folkerts.
20 Under 40 recipient Brooke Trent.
20 under 40 recipient Jordan Vernoy Aug. 15, 2016, in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
20 Under 40 recipient Cary Wieland earlier this year in Cedar Falls.
20 under 40 recipient Emily Hanson Aug. 15, 2016, in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
20 Under 40 recipient Whitney Jackley.
20 Under 40 recipient Mike Lind in Cedar Falls.
Joe Bolick serves two roles at the University of Northern Iowa, as communications and public relations manager for UNI Business and Community Services and at the Iowa Waste Reduction Center.
Chris Corkery is senior art director at Cohesive Creative and Code.
Anne Duncan is the Environmental Sustainability Coordinator at Wartburg College.
Sarah Foster is community manager at the American Cancer Society.
David Hildahl is a web content strategist at Far Reach Technologies.
D.J. Holbach is operations manager at Randall's Stop 'N Shop.
Jess Krogh works in engineering services at Deere & Co.
Danny Laudick is talent solutions coordinator with Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber.
Erin Maidan is the Lay leader, Sons of Jacob Synagogue in Waterloo.
Traci McCausland, owner of Follow Your Strengths, was chosen as one of Courier Communications' 20 Under 40 honorees in 2015.
Jill Mejia is director of marketing operations with the Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo.
Mark Miller owns E360 Building Company.
Stephanie Mohorne is director of middle school education for Waterloo Community Schools.
Philip Nash is business relationship manager at Wells Fargo Bank.
Kaylene Orr is a special education para-educator with Waterloo Community Schools.
Clifton Paulsen owns the Cedar Valley Veterinary Center in downtown Cedar Falls.
Lalaina Rabary is a communications and marketing specialist for People for Quality Care-VGM Group.
Brad Smith is president of Mr. Carpet Cleaning Co.
Katy Susong is marketing coordinator for Cardinal Construction.
Jonathan Walter is president of Walter Aviation Co. and Iowa Aerial Advertising, Independence.
Amber Youngblut serves in executive development with Veridian Credit Union in Waterloo.