WATERLOO | The winners have been named for The Courier’s Class of 2015 20 Under 40 awards.
Twenty men and women who live and work in the Cedar Valley were selected by a committee, which sorted through nearly 80 nominations in the 14-year-old award program.
In July, The Courier began seeking nominations for the award, which honors outstanding young people in the Cedar Valley who are making a difference in their work and personal lives to make the area a better place.
The individuals will be featured in Cedar Valley Business Monthly magazine in November and then featured on a daily basis in The Courier beginning in December.
A reception for the winners is planned for 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 17 at Hawkeye Community College's Tama Hall, 1501 E. Orange Road.
The winners are:
- Lalaina Rabary, 27, communications and marketing specialist, People for Quality Care-VGM Group.
- Jonathan Walter, 25, president of Walter Aviation Co., Independence.
- Kaylene Orr, 37, special education para-educator at Waterloo Schools.
- Philip Nash, 31, business relationship manager, Wells Fargo Bank.
- Katy Susong, 33, marketing coordinator for Cardinal Construction.
- Stephanie Mohorne, 39, director of middle school education, Waterloo Schools.
- Mark Miller, 39, owner of E360 Building Company, Cedar Falls.
- Joe Bolick, 34, communications and public relations manager, University of Northern Iowa Business and Community Services.
- David Hildahl, 38, Web content strategist, Far Reach Technologies.
- Jill Mejia, 33, director of marketing operations, Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo.
- Clifton Paulsen, DVM, veterinarian with Cedar Valley Veterinary Center.
- Brad Smith, 38, president of Mr. Carpet Cleaning Co.
- Erin Maidan, 34, of Sons of Jacob Synagogue.
- Traci McCausland, 39, owner of Follow Your Strengths.
- Sarah Foster, 35, community manager, American Cancer Society.
- DJ Holbach Jr., 38, operations manager of Randall's Meat and Catering, Hudson.
- Anne Duncan, 34, sustainability coordinator at Wartburg College, Waverly.
- Danny Laudick, 26, talent solutions coordinator at Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber.
- Jess Krogh, 31, engineering services at John Deere and president of Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls.
- Chris Corkery, 39, senior art director, Cohesive Creative Code.