The Courier prints a variety of social announcements, including engagements, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, retirements, fun photos, thank-you’s and reunions, in the weekly Celebrations section.
Celebrations front-page announcements will be limited to events and milestones in an individual's life. Non-profit organizations and events are welcome to promote activities inside the publication.
- Fill out your announcement form - Forms may be picked up at the Waterloo Courier office or click on a submit button to the right.
- Choose your announcement package - There are three basic packages to choose from that include a large or small color OR black and white photo.
- Provide payment - Prepayment is required for all submitted items. We accept checks, cash or credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
- Your Celebrations announcement will appear in one Sunday Courier print edition AND the online edition for 30 days.
- To be published in Sunday’s Courier, items must be at the Waterloo office by 5 p.m. Wednesday the week before (11 days prior to publication). Announcements will not be taken by phone.
Standard announcement packages can be upgraded with additional options. They include having your photo appear on the cover of the print and online editions, expanding your copy, choosing full-page color or black and white announcements, publishing your announcement in the Insider and requesting extra copies of your printed announcement.
- For copyright reasons, submitted poems must include author’s name and permission to reprint.
- Photo Guidelines - Photos may be submitted by e-mail, mail or dropped off at the Courier during regular business hours. A wallet-size or larger photo may be submitted. Glossy photos reproduce best. DO NOT cut photos down to size. Photos will be reduced or enlarged electronically as needed by the Courier. Photos will be returned in a self-addressed stamped envelope, if provided. Photos left at the Courier will be discarded after two months. The Courier will take reasonable care of photos submitted for publication. The Courier assumes no financial liability for original photos. The Courier reserves the right to deem what is suitable for publication.
If you have any questions, call 319-291-1442, or e-mail: email@example.com. Courier business office hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Mail announcements to: Celebrations, the Courier, P.O. Box 540, Waterloo 50704.