Details for NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT
The Black Hawk County Consolidated Communications Center is seeking a dedicated and collaborative IT professional knowledgeable in establishing and maintaining local and wide area networks, software applications, PC systems, user system support, and equipment for data communication purposes in a public safety environment.
- Assists management in establishing strategic county-wide area network plans for public safety purposes
- Provides specific advice regarding the flow of data over a distributed, multi-platform network.
- Installs, monitors and supports servers, interfaces, and county-wide public safety software systems; establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Researches, plans for, recommends and implements new networking technology.
- Consults IT support personnel from other municipalities in identifying problems with systems, programs, and public safety software applications.
- Performs network repair and maintenance as needed; provides work station support to users, explains and reviews correct procedures with users.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) in MIS or related technical coursework or equivalent and five (5) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in MIS or computer science preferred.
- Experience in a public safety environment preferred.
- Must obtain Iowa/NCIC certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge of maintaining Windows servers, networks and networking equipment.
- Must be available for evening and/or weekend hours if needed.
- Must have a valid Iowa Driver's License and be insurable under county guidelines. The position may require the occasional use of private vehicle for official business.
Salary Range & Benefits:
- $66,000 - $92,000; starting compensation is based on qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package.
For complete instructions, requirements, application and job descriptions, please visit our website at http://www.co.black-hawk.ia.us/316/Job-Openings. EOE/AA.