Details for 2nd or 3rd Shift CNC MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Install, maintain, and/or repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical, A/C and heating systems in plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Machinery repair and maintenance: Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment according to diagrams, sketches, operational manuals, etc., utilizing hand tools, power tools and manual equipment such as drills, welding equipment, etc.
- Visually inspects and test machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machine.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections; inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, indicators and other measuring instruments. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools and levels.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearing, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
- Building maintenance and repair:
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of buildings.
- Maintains A/C and heating systems by making minor repairs and adjustments, regularly checking and changing filter systems.
SKILL AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Two-year technical degree with 2-3 years’ experience and must be able to pass a qualifying test. Requires an individual with team-oriented skills. Without a technical degree, the individual must have 6-8 years of related maintenance experience.
- Choice of Medical Insurance Packages
- Dental & Vision Insurance Plan
- Skill Base Pay System
- Life & disability insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- 401K, vacation, floaters, holidays and uniforms
If you meet our qualifications please apply in person or submit your resume to:
Blackhawk Engineering, Inc.
118 Blackhawk Lane
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Post employment drug screen and physical required.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V