Details for Executive Director (Head Start)
Executive Director (Head Start)
Tri-County Child & Family Development Council, Inc., a grant funded school readiness program serving over 850 children and their families in Black Hawk, Buchanan and Grundy counties in Northeast Iowa, seeks a strategic and experienced leader to serve as Executive Director. Our mission, in partnership with the community, is to prepare children and their families for health, school and life success.
The Executive Director is responsible for
- overseeing the management and implementation of agency goals, policies and procedures throughout the agency
- ensuring that this agency both thrives and contributes to the continuous improvement of services to children and families in the Tri-County area
- continuing to build upon the state, regional and national reputation of this agency as a standard-setter within the Head Start community
- providing leadership to, and appropriate management of, the Senior Leadership Team of this agency who is responsible for the implementation of Head Start Performance Standards and monitoring of applicable regulations and standards, and other duties as assigned
Key Result Areas: The specific areas of this position in which results are expected.
- Represents the agency in a positive and favorable manner by active participation in various community committees, work groups, and agency and community events.
- Shares the agency goals and objectives within the community.
- Provides leadership in the area of Early Childhood and Family centered programming toward the healthy development of all young children.
Program Operations and Oversight and Personnel Management
- Attends New Director orientation and all Region 7 executive director trainings. Regularly participates in regional calls and meetings.
- Assures the agency goals are implemented and monitored.
- Assures Implementation and Monitors for compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and best practices for Quality programming.
- Assures Implementation and Monitors compliance with the regulations of the Department of Human services, and other regulatory bodies.
- Assures fiscal oversight of agency resources.
- Provides oversight and consultation to Human Resources Director.
- Assures implementation of the Professional Development Process.
- In conjunction with Human Resources Director, identifies staffing plans and patterns to ensure quality programming.
- Actively participates in self-directed learning.
- Performance management of direct reports.
- Leads the strategic development of agency goals.
- Initiates problem solving for proactive solutions to anticipated areas of concern.
- Provides leadership in the development of agency Professional Development Process.
- Participates in the development of agency growth and development needs.
- Identifies and secures resources necessary to fully fund program through federal grant process.
Governing Bodies Relations
- Participates in Board of Director activities and meetings.
- Participates in Policy Council activities and meetings. Assists with Committee meetings for both governing bodies as needed.
- Must be cleared and allowed to work in a child care setting by the Iowa Department of Human Services.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in supervision of staff, fiscal management, and administration.
- Evening, weekend & flexible hours required
- Travel required
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated passion for children and families living in poverty
- Experience working with culturally and socio-economically diverse populations
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution (Preferred)
- Head Start leadership experience
- Both “big picture” and detail-oriented thinking, planning, and strategization abilities
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills
- Management skills including coaching, team development, delegation, providing accountability, building capacity, listening to understand, building employee morale, leading by example, problem-solving and conflict management
- Demonstrated leadership in community settings including partnering and collaboration
- Effective communication skills, oral and written. Non-verbal communication that is aligned with oral and written.
- Ability to continuously improve the Agency’s record of compliance with internal, state and Federal regulations and oversight
- Salary range $85,000-$95,000
- Benefit Package
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume’ to Jamie Moore, Human Resources Director at email@example.com by no later than 3/1/2020.