Details for COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Apply Now for Full-Time Job Opportunities in Public Health!
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
The Black Hawk County Health Department is recruiting for two (2) Community Health Workers to provide services to assist clients in need of direct or linked services to prevent disease, protect and promote public health. One position will assist clients of the Congolese community and one position will assist clients of the Hispanic community.
- Provides culturally appropriate health promotion and disease prevention education in a manner that matches linguistic and cultural needs of participants or community.
- Interacts with clients to discuss healthcare benefit options and eligibility.
- Links consumers to community resources, health and human services.
- Facilitates communication by phone, mail, face to face encounter; and maintains acceptable contact rates.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One to two years of community based experience providing advocacy and support to the population being served.
- Multilingual skills and knowledge of the population being served; fluency in French, Lingala, Swahili or Spanish preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package. For complete instructions, requirements, required on-line application and job descriptions, please visit our website at http://www.co.black-hawk.ia.us/316/Job-Openings. EOE/AA.