Details for CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (2nd & 3rd shifts only)
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (2nd & 3rd shifts only)
Operates conventional, special-purpose and CNC/NC machines and machining centers to cut, shape or form metal product pieces. The CNC Machinist is responsible for CNC machine operations, quality and control/inspections.
• Reviews process book and specifications to determine set up procedure. Sets up milling machines, lathes, CNC/NC machines for dimensions, tolerances and operation sequence of common products.
• Enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, CNC, and NC machines.
• Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
• Loads and unloads pieces to be machined, using hoists and hand tools to lift and secure on machining table.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies dimensions and alignments of finished piece, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
• Tags or stamps finished pieces. Records production information for pieces run on Process and Log sheets.
• Cleans finished pieces using washing machine, deburring equipment such as files, die grinders and hand grinders. Stacks finished pieces on pallets or places in tubs.
Skill and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
• Machinist and CNC experience required.
Starting wage is commensurate upon experience.
• Choice of Medical Insurance Packages
• Dental & Vision Insurance Plan
• Skill Base Pay System
• Life & Disability insurance
• Health Care & Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
• 401K, vacation, floaters, holidays & uniforms
If you meet our qualifications please apply in person or send your resume to:
Blackhawk Engineering, Inc.
118 Blackhawk Lane
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Post employment drug screen and physical required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability