- Iowa State senior Donovan Jackson has been selected to participate in the 3-point Championship Thursday as part of Final Four activities in San Antonio, Texas.
Jackson will also play in the 3x3U National Championships Friday through Sunday. The guard from Milwaukee averaged 15 points per game for Iowa State last season.
- Former Waterloo Black Hawks forward Bob Motzko is the new men’s hockey head coach at Minnesota.
Motzko played in Waterloo during the 1979-80 season. He also played for Dubuque in the USHL and went on to coach the North Iowa Huskies for five seasons.
- Blake Hillman, a former Waterloo Black Hawks defenseman, has been signed by the Chicago Black Hawks after completing his college career at Denver.
Hillman played in Waterloo during the 2014-15 season and helped Denver reach two NCAA Frozen Fours and win the national championship in 2016-17. He was drafted 173rd overall by Chicago in the 2016 draft.
- The Cedar Valley SportsPlex is accepting registrations for its spring soccer program for boys and girls in grades 1-4.
The program includes instruction, team practices and recreational games on Monday and Wednesday evenings beginning April 2. All teams will be co-ed.
Registration fee is $35, which includes a t-shirt. For more information, call (319) 291-0165.
- The Cedar Valley Soccer Club is partnering with Iowa Youth Sports Initiative to provide training and education to youth coaches, parents and athletes.
Iowa Youth Sports Initiative is a statewide non-profit organization that provides speakers, panels and workshops to youth sports organizations, addressing issues such as sportsmanship, bullying, winning honorably, building a championship culture, developing leaders, what makes a good coach and how to communicate with youth sports parents, among others.
Through its Best Practice Membership Plan, IYSI will provide training and education to CVSC coaches, parents and athletes at free or discounted prices and program support and advocacy. CVSC coaches, volunteers and parents will receive annual orientation and training provided by the IYSI.
For more information about the IYSI, email Nancy Justis at email@example.com.