Cascade (7-0, 5-0) at
Columbus (1-6, 1-4)
- When: Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: T.J. McLaughlin Field, Waterloo
- Last week: Columbus suffered a 56-6 loss at North Fayette Valley. Cascade remained unbeaten with a 35-7 home win over Dyersville Beckman.
- Last meeting: Columbus lost at Cascade, 47-10, during district play a year ago.
- What to watch: Columbus enters another tough district challenge with no margin for error in order to keep this game competitive. The Sailors got an early spark last week when Connor Langan forced a fumble and Kaden Ludwig returned the ball 75 yards for a touchdown. North Fayette's physicality, however, ultimately took a toll on a Columbus team that has often been outmatched up front. ... A win Friday would clinch at least a share of the district title for Cascade. The Cougars feature a balanced offense with Haris Hoffman throwing for 1,208 yards and 13 touchdowns and Austin Lieurance running for 791 yards and 12 scores. Cascade's defense hasn't surrendered more than 20 points in a game all season.
- Columbus coach Brad Schmit: On Cascade, "We can't make mistakes. We've got to block and tackle at a different level than we've done all year. They're tough. They're big up front. They fly around. They get into people. They run the ball successfully. They throw the ball successfully. Their front four are going to be a handful to deal with. ... It's going to be a tall task."