- NBC Sports Chicago, formerly Comcast Sports Chicago, will televise the Iowa high school football state semifinals and finals from the UNI-Dome.
Live semifinal coverage will be provided Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week, and the championship games will also be televised live Nov. 16 and 17.
- Former New York Yankees catcher Rick Cerone will be the special guest at the Iowa Chapter of the Pinstripe Faithful Club's autograph and card show Sunday, Nov. 19 at Electric Park Ballroom in Waterloo.
The card show is from 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., while the autograph session is from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Admission is $1 with kids 8 and under free, while autographs are $7.
For more information, contact Charlie Aldrich at (319) 277-5445, Mike Moore at (319) 939-2442 or Mike Ruane at (319) 235-9229.
- Pacesetter North Region youth basketball playoffs will take place at the University of Northern Iowa and Waterloo Columbus High School Feb. 24-25.
Competition is available for boys and girls teams in grades four through nine. The top two teams in each division advance to the state finals in Des Moines where champions and runners-up earn berths in the Pacesetter Five-State Championships at the Target Center in Minneapolis.
More information is available online at www.pacesettersports.net.
- Waterloo Black Hawks forward Danny DiGrande has committed to play college hockey at RPI, the team announced Tuesday.
DiGrande scored his first Black Hawks goal Saturday and has two points in 10 games to date. He played for Tri-City and Muskegon the past two seasons.
- The distance proved to be too much for Iowa State redshirt freshman wrestler Danny Vega.
Wrestling coach Kevin Dresser said Monday the Tucson, Ariz., native has left the wrestling team. On Tuesday, associate coach Mike Zadick said Vega left due to home sickness.
Vega was a top-100 pound-for-pound wrestler coming out of high school. He had a record of 14-7 as an unattached wrestler last season.