- Waverly Golf Course opened for play at 11 a.m. today.
The Pro Shop is also open for season pass, punch card and merchandise sales.
For more information, call (319) 352-1530.
- The University of Northern Iowa’s softball matchup against Iowa State scheduled for today at Robinson-Dresser Complex has been moved to Thursday inside the UNI-Dome.
The Panthers and Cyclones will play at 7 p.m. UNI will try to build on four wins in its last five games and defeat Iowa State for the first time since a 3-2 win in 2016.
- The Educational Talent Search program at the University of Northern Iowa Center for Urban Education will hold an “Inside Athletics: Middle School Edition” on the UNI campus Wednesday, April 18.
A group of 40 female and 40 male students in seventh and eighth grades will be provided an opportunity to gain a better understanding of careers available to them in all areas of athletics, including coaching, training, marketing, broadcasting and athletic participation.
Guest speakers will include UNI president Mark Nook, Panther head coaches Mark Farley, Bobbi Petersen, Doug Schwab, Tanya Warren and Ben Jacobson and eight athletic career professionals.
Track and field
- University of Northern Iowa junior Anna Bentley was named Missouri Valley Conference Field Athlete of the Week following her victory in the javelin at the Gibson Invitational in Terre Haute, Ind., over the weekend.
Bentley posted a mark of 130 feet, 5 inches for her first collegiate win. It’s the second-best mark in the MVC so far this season.
- The Cedar Valley Push-Up Brawlers will tangle with the Dubuque Bomb Squad Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center in Waterloo.
The Cedar Valley Madcatters junior team will play Iowa City’s Black Hearted Bruisers at 3:30 p.m.
Tickets are available in advance at Mohair Pair, Waterloo Bicycle Works, Cedar Valley Chiropractic or from one of the players. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door.