021218jr-medina-fire-1

A Waterloo man was injured when fire broke out at his home at 50 Medina Road on Saturday.

WATERLOO – A Waterloo man was injured when his house caught fire Saturday night.

The resident was taken to UnityPoint Health-Allen Hospital for treatment. Authorities said he suffered serious injuries, but his condition wasn’t available.

According to officials at Waterloo Fire Rescue, the man was working on his basement furnace at 50 Medina Road around 5:10 p.m. Saturday when a flash fire broke out, sending flames through the duct work to the first floor.

The man was able to flee the house on his own, and no one else was home at the time, firefighters said.

Parts of the first floor caught fire, and the house suffered heat and smoke damage. The American Red Cross was called for emergency shelter for the residents.

0
0
6
9
2

Police and Courts Reporter

Cops and courts reporter for the Courier

Load comments