WATERLOO, Iowa --- Police said a La Porte City man who was found unresponsive in a garage over the weekend died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities were called to the garage in the 1700 block of West Ridgeway Avenue on Saturday and found 44-year-old Kevin James Hart unconscious. He was later pronounced dead.

Capt. Tim Pillack with the Waterloo Police Department said Hart had been working in the garage and using a heater. He said Hart was overcome by carbon monoxide from the heater and was discovered later.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.