Good morning, Cedar Valley! It's Sunday, May 20, 2012.
Today's forecast: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 10 to 16 mph becoming northwest. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. North northwest wind between 9 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
Today in the Cedar Valley:
- The Waterloo West High School production of "The Wizard of Oz" will be 2 p.m. at Kersenbrock Auditorium, at the school. Tickets are $8.
- The fourth annual Rydell Car & Bike Show will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Rydell Chevrolet, across from Crossroads Center, Waterloo. It is a fundraiser for Honor Flight.
- The UNI Suzuki School Spring Concert will be 3 p.m. at Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center, Cedar Falls.
- Bushcraft Survival: Guerrilla Gardening will be 1 to 3 p.m. at Hartman Reserve Nature Center, 657 Reserve Drive, Cedar Falls. Admission is $5.
- Cedar Valley Bicycle Co-op Meeting will be 6 to 8 p.m. at The Other Place, 4214 University Ave., Cedar Falls. CVBC promotes community through bicycling. They are currently looking for volunteers for many positions and tasks. There are no fees. All volunteers. Everyone welcome.