The Bohemian look is young at heart, witty, whimsical, eclectic, soulful and hippie.
Take what you’re passionate about – color, adventure, old and new – and mix it up to create your own dream Bohemian retreat.
Here are a few favorite Fig & Frolic ideas:
- Layer, layer, layer. Mix styles of furniture, finishes, fabrics and textures for one-of-a-kind appeal. Tapestries, decorative trims, patterns and can be mixed and matched to your heart’s content, but make sure the overall effect is unstudied,not distracting.
- Colors are rich, bright and bold.
- Walls are meant to display art – whatever YOU think is art, so express a sense of joie de vivre in your own way.
- Fill the space. This isn’t a time for minimalism!
- Imbue the space with comfort – throws, quilts, pillows, etc. The bed should be low to the ground.
- Accessorize with “found”objects and oddities: Dangle necklaces and bracelets from deer antlers (real or faux); plants, feathers, string lights.
- Lighting is indirect,diffused and warm. Funky lamps and lampshades and old chandeliers add more personality.