Cedar Valley Medical Specialists (CVMS) was established in 1995. Our goal was to create an independent group of medical specialists and resources for the Cedar Valley and surrounding areas. By taking on most of the administrative and practice management functions for physicians and specialists, we’ve freed up these professionals to concentrate all their efforts where they should be — on the patient.
Over the past two decades, we’ve brought together the most qualified, most caring and most community-minded professionals and specialists.
At the same time, we’ve led the way in helping these professionals embrace the latest innovative medical advancements in technology, techniques, treatments and breakthroughs.
We have great relationships with all the hospitals in and around the Cedar Valley; however, we are not owned by any hospital or any other organization.
Cedar Valley Medical Specialists is a 100 percent independent, locally owned organization with a staff of more than 400, including specialized physicians, advanced practice and mid-level practitioners and support staff representing dozens of health-care specialties. Headquartered in Waterloo, all of our physicians, health-care centers, clinics, labs and diagnostic centers are located in and around the Cedar Valley to better serve our entire extended community.
- Allergy and Immunology
- Bone Health
- Breast Care
- Cardiology/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Facial Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery & Med Spa Services
- General Surgery
- Imaging Center
- Otolaryngology/ENT and Sinus
- Pain Management
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Rehabilitation
- Sleep Center
- Skin Cancer
- XL Sports
Today, Cedar Valley Medical Specialists represents the finest medical staff, most comprehensive health-care specialty centers and the latest in advanced technology and procedures for patients. We help medical professionals put the patient first, which is a win-win for everyone.
Mission / Vision Statements
To provide the highest-quality, most cost-efficient patient care in Northern Iowa through a community of specialty providers.
- To provide a mechanism for utilization review, continuous quality improvement, outcomes research, and practice guidelines to ensure the delivery of the highest-quality patient care.
- To create an atmosphere of enhanced cooperation among the specialties in the area, including primary care.
- To create practice opportunities for other fields and specialties in the area, and provide for greater subspecialization within existing specialties.
- To provide for a means of increasing patient education and public awareness of issues pertaining to health care, especially as it affects Northern Iowa.
- To promote cooperation, communication and coordinated care across all specialties.
- To earn the right to “remain” into the future — become indispensable to patients and their third-party payers (i.e., cost, quality, access).
- To serve patients better by remaining physician-owned and -governed and professionally managed.