Spring is celebration season — graduations, wedding showers, brunches, Easter, May Day and simply the promise of summer.
This collection of spring-inspired recipes will transform your gatherings!
Blueberry Sangria Punch
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-serve blueberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups chilled white wine or apple juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur, optional
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups chilled lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite
In a 2-quart pitcher, combine blueberry juice, wine and liqueur, if used. Add orange and lemon slices and fresh blueberries.
Chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in soda. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes, if desired. Makes 1 quart or about 6 servings.
- 1 cup green, red, or black California seedless grapes
- 4 ounces white rum
- 3 ounces sweetened lime juice
- 3 cups ice
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a blender and puree until blended and slushy, about 2 minutes. Serve in tall glasses. Makes 2 drinks.
Sparkling Pink-Peach Lemonade
- 4 cups water, divided
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water, peaches and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove from the heat. Cool. Strain, discarding peach skins.
- In a large pitcher, combine the peach mixture, lemon juice and remaining water. Add lemon slices and mint if desired. Serve over ice. Yield: 5 servings.
Banana Brunch Punch
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups warm water, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- Orange slices, optional
n a blender or food processor, blend bananas, orange juice and lemonade until smooth. Remove half of the mixture and set aside. Add 1-1/2 cups of warm water and 1 cup sugar to mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Place in a large freezer container. Repeat with remaining banana mixture, water and sugar; add to container. Cover and freeze until solid. One hour before serving, take punch base out of freezer. Just before serving, place in a large punch bowl. Add pineapple juice and soda; stir until well blended. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Makes 10 quarts.
- 1 (89 ounces) container orange juice
- 1 (2-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- 1 (46 ounces) can pineapple juice, chilled
Stir together orange juice, ginger ale, and pineapple juice. Serve over ice.
Sources: Taste of Home, Southern Living,U.S. High Bush Blueberry Council