Winter brides don’t just like red, they love it!
Red is all about passion, warmth, drama and excitement, and the color can brighten the dullest winter day. We’ve pulled together some inspiring ideas that prove it!
Did you know:
- Red is the highest arc of the rainbow and the longest wavelength of color?
- Red is thought to be the first color that a baby sees.
- The color “red” encompasses a broad range of tones, hues and shades, including ruby, crimson, scarlet, cardinal, poppy, cherry, lollipop, blood, Christmas, garnet, burgundy, strawberry … the list is endless.
- Red was the color of choice for weddings in the Middle Ages, and still is used in Chinese, Islamic and Hindu weddings.
- Fashion doyenne and former Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar editor Diana Vreeland once said red “makes all other colors look beautiful.”
- Words associated with red: intense, passionate, energetic, stimulating, happy, dynamic, daring, provocative, active.
- Red roses are symbolic of love and romance. Sending red roses is sending a message of love.